There was an article in the NY Times today that eventually led me to this website for Smith Magazine. I'd never heard of it before but apparently a few years ago they encouraged people to submit six word memoir-like descriptions of (among other topics) love and heartbreak and published the responses. It caught on fire and the submissions became a book, then a few books. I was looking at some of the six word memoirs and they are astonishingly moving or funny or descriptive for only six words.
Like these:
"Loved her madly — then went mad."
"Red-eye. Him window. Me aisle. Love."
"We started talking. Our popsicles melted."
"He's dumb but lifts heavy stuff."
"Passion, fireworks, good loving. He’s gay."
"Warning, love: I blog my breakups." (Sounds like it came from John Mayer.)
"Background check first; give heart second."
"Dog approves. Maybe this one's good?"
"Our kids are cute. Otherwise, meh."
Kind of awesome, no? There are literally thousands of these floating around in the comments section of the Times article and on random websites. I found one that I think I'd like mine to be, not just about love but life in general:
"Not always perfect. But so worthwhile."
This is great! I saw this in The Times too and I believe my favorite one went something like this:
ReplyDelete"Departure note: I canceled the Netflix."